Speed optimization with 75+ ranking! How? 10 easy steps with webenix.
What is the page speed score?
This score is determined by running the best tools like GTmatrix, Google Speedinsight & Lighthouse to collect and analyze lab data about the page. A score of 90 or above is considered fast, and 75 to 90 is considered moderate. Below 75 is considered to be slow.
Page speed score is decided by your website page loading time if your web site or web page is consuming more load time then it is not good for your website to rank or you do not give a superior experience of your user.
Why you need it? it is necessary to do it? does it help in SEO?
Speed optimization is useful for ranking your website on google crawler, this process also attracts the user or customer for visiting your website. Yes, it is necessary to do, it was more beneficial for your business then why not to use it and this process also helps in SEO ranking on your website.
Below giving the most important steps to help you how to Speed optimization with 75+ ranking :
- what exactly is page speed?
- use a content delivery network (CDN)
- Move your website to a better host.
- Optimize the size of images & videos on your website.
- Reduce the number of plugins.
- Minify the JS and CSS file code.
- Use the website caching.
- Implement GZIP Compression.
- Detect 404 errors.
- Reduce redirects.
01) What exactly is page speed?
The terms of page speed mostly refer to when user post request to the browser and display on to the requesting web browser, that time distance are considered as page speed, page load time is the duration between a click on the link and shows the entire content from the web page on requesting browser.
There are three core aspects to user understand to page speed that are affected by user experience to website load time.
- The view of time taken in delivering the requested material along with the HTML content to the browser.
- Browser response to page load requests.
- The view of end-users as the requested web page renders on the browser – this is the ultimate empirical measure of page load speed.
Website loading speed impacts website search engine rankings and another important factor of page speed, user experience, and website responsiveness are also affected by website ranking factor.
02) Use a content delivery network (CDN)
A content delivery network (CDN) provides to content delivery service to user, CDN is used for content sharing like images, CSS/JAVA files or other content.when you are hosting your website in a particular region, but most of your web search ration is generated in another region it makes the distance between your server, it does not give good user experience. but when you are using a content delivery network(CDN) that time your website content is also saved in local server, CDN is created one type of server chain so, it gives a fast result or good user experience.
- Will a CDN help improve your website performance? Yes. it is absolutely required for all websites?NO, you can still provide a fast user experience to your user without CDN, but it will probably be a faster one.
- Most CDN is the third party paid service and it can be expensive or high-end setup for large scale websites, but costly for small or medium scale websites.
- The cost of CDN also depends on bandwidth, region reach or security/SSL needs.
- CDN can not cost prohibited, it can be accessible for website owners in various budgets.
03) Move your website to a better host
There are three possible types of hosting :
- Shared hosting.
- Virtual private service hosting(VPS).
- Dedicated server.
The most popular hosting type is shared hosting because that’s the cheapest way to online your website you can also share CPU, disk space, and RAM with other sites that also use this server.This is the main reason why shared hosting isn’t as fast as VPS or a dedicated server.
Second type hosting is a VPS is created by virtualization software which partitions a single physical server to form multiple servers within it. Each virtual server is completely independent of its neighbors and functions as an actual networked server. What makes VPS hosting so popular is that it provides control at a level similar to a dedicated server on user-friendly budget.it is useful when you want to live your e-commerce site or medium size website that has less traffic competitively large scale e-commerce or another website.
The Dedicated server, A dedicated server is a single computer in a network reserved for serving the needs of the network. For example, some networks require that one computer be set aside to manage communications between all the other computers. In the Web hosting business, a dedicated server is typically a rented service.
Last but not the least you can also use WPengine as it is a high quality host that boasts excellent uptime, WordPress-specific security, daily backups, real-time threat detection, cloud platform flexibility, and other excellent features.
04) Optimize the size of images & videos on your website.
Large image size slows down your web pages which creates less user experience. optimize the size of images & videos is the process of discussing their file size, the large size of images or video are a slowdown your website, but you reduce those images or video using a right file format selection of file type:
- PNG: PNG file format is the most common file format, PNG are save your image with higher quality image, less use compared to TIF or JPG but PNG is a good choice for lossless quality work.
- GIF: GIF file format is for video screening, GIF does not retain printing resolution value.GIF always uses lossless LZW compression, but it is always an indexed color file (1 to 8-bits per pixel).GIF is smaller than JPEG with more clear color then JPG.
- JPG: JPG file is an image saved in a compressed image format standardized by the Joint Photographic Experts Group (JPEG). It is commonly used for storing digital photos and used by most digital cameras to save images. JPG files are among the most common image files along with PNG.
For the better video utilization, you must use the tool like Photoshop Premiere Pro & Fillmore many other offline tools & you can also find online tools like biteable, smoothly & many other.
05) Reduce the number of plugins & additional unwanted code:
Check your website if you don’t need or not use full for your website those plugins are deleted because of plugins are slow down your website’s loading speed through adding extra HTTP requests. Simply put, it makes the browser jump through extra hoops before it can actually load and display your website, making it load slower. And your site loading slower can have brutal effects on your bottom line.
If your website loads particularly slowly, you can be haunted by staggering bounce rates, lose customer trust, or worse, see a direct impact on your sales. For example, Amazon reported seeing decreases in sales of as much as 1% per every 100ms slower the page loaded (Source: Strangeloop). Another study found that a 1 second increase in loading time caused a 7% decrease in conversions, 13% fewer page views and 17% less customer satisfaction. The good news is this means that increasing your loading speed should show the opposite results.
Reduce the unwanted code like media, additional unused HTML, JS , jQuery, CSS and bootstraps file from your website. It will also be used to reduce the request time from your server as you remove it.
06) Minify the JS and CSS file code:
07) Use the website caching:
In case there are a lot of users accessing the page at one-time servers work slowly and need more time to deliver the web page to each user. Caching is the process of storing the current version of your website on the hosting and presenting this version until your website is updated. This means that the web page doesn’t render over and over again for each user. A cached web page doesn’t need to send database requests each time. you can use the following plugins: W3 Total Cache or W3 Super Cache. If you use VPS or a dedicated server, you can also set up caching under your general settings. In the case of the shared server, the website caching isn’t usually available. Don't forget to use CDN for the best optimization.
08) Implement GZIP Compression:
Gzip Compression is an effective way to reduce the size of files. It minimizes the HTTP requests and reduces the server response time. Gzip compresses the files before sending them to the browser. On the user side, a browser unzips the files and presents the contents. This method can work with all files on your website. You can enable Gzip on your website by adding some lines of code or via a utility called gzip.
09) Detect 404 errors:
A 404 error means that a “Page isn’t found”. This message is provided by the hosting to browsers or search engines when the accessed content of a page no longer exists. In order to detect and correct a 404 error, you can use error detection tools and plugins.
Once you’ve detected all 404 errors, you need to assess the traffic that they generate. If these dead links no longer bring any visits and thus never consume your server resource, then you may leave them as they are. If these pages still have some traffic coming, consider setting redirects for external links and fixing the link addresses for the internal ones.
10) Reduce Redirects:
Website redirection creates additional HTTP requests which affected the website performance.
First, you should identify all redirects on your page by running a site scan. You can use Screaming Frog to quickly identify redirects. Then you must check if they serve a necessary purpose and leave only the critical ones.
Ideally website loading time is 2 to 5 seconds most users expect web pages to load in less than 3 seconds. If you don’t meet this expectation barrier, you lose a lot of website traffic and as a result in your revenue.
We have the best practice with the speed optimization as we are very well known how to optimize it ! let us know if you have any queries related to speed optimization will be glad to help you.